ORPHEUM HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL THEATRE AWARDS
Watch the Virtual Celebration
After weeks of rehearsals, coaching, and filming, we're thrilled to share our 2021 virtual Orpheum High School Musical Theatre Awards celebration with you!
In addition to honoring the hard work and dedication of students and educators across all of the Mid-South, we'll present the following awards:
• Outstanding Lead Actor
• Outstanding Lead Actress
• Spirit of the HSMTA Awards (the Jalen Award)
• Inspiring Teacher Award
Watch the virtual HSMTAs premiere above, or on Facebook and YouTube. Thank you for celebrating with us!
Goals for the 2021 HSMTAs
• Provide a creative outlet for students who have had many if not all of their performing arts experiences disrupted, adapted, or canceled due to the global pandemic
• Build community, connection, and a place for self-expression for young people who are passionate about theatre and the performing arts
• Provide quality experiences in vocal music, movement, and acting
• Develop collaboration, team-building skills, and support strategies
• Work towards more equitable access to the HSMTA program
• Build confidence, resilience, and passion for the arts
• Celebrate the achievements in high school theater programs and productions
• Build stronger relationships between regional school performing arts programs and the Orpheum Theatre Group
Nationals/The Jimmy Awards
The National High School Musical Theatre Awards, or Jimmy Awards, that this program is affiliated with will be happening in a virtual format this year. Each participating Regional Awards Program, like the Orpheum, is still required to submit one Outstanding Lead Actor and Actress to participate in this national program which will consist of online workshops, master classes, rehearsals, recordings, and performances.
About the High School Musical Theatre Awards
The Orpheum High School Musical Theatre Awards supports, promotes, and enhances high school musical theatre throughout the Mid-South. Modeled after the Tony Awards®, the High School Musical Theatre Awards recognizes achievements in all areas of high school musical theatre and brings together hundreds of students from all over the region to share their talents and collaborate with one another.
This program is part of The Jimmy Awards®, the national high school musical theatre awards program produced by The Broadway League that includes over 40 programs from across the country.
Information about the 2022 Orpheum High School Musical Theatre Awards will be shared as soon as it is available. If you are a school interested in participating for the first time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your intent to do so.