A nonverbal tale featuring magic, music, and puppetry based on the Chris Haughton book of the same name. Follow the delightful and surprising journey of a family adventuring through the woods — when they see a beautiful bird perched high in a tree, each of these three madcap characters have a plan to capture it!
Sounds simple, but the quest soon becomes an obsession and the obsession becomes the absurd! Where will it all end? Join us as the youngest teaches everyone that kindness and treating nature with respect is more important than getting what you want at any cost.
Prepare to be enchanted and amazed by this new and exciting theatrical adventure for young children.
Shh! We Have a Plan will be a sensory-friendly performance, designed to create a performing arts experience that is welcoming to all families with children with autism or with other disabilities that create sensory sensitivities.
About Sensory-Friendly Performances
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
- Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during the performance
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- Designated quiet areas within the theater
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement
- Halloran Centre staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs
- Families will also have access to resource materials to prepare for their visit
Presented by Cahoots NI