Jesus Christ Superstar is an iconic musical phenomenon with a world-wide fan base. In celebration of its 50th Anniversary, a new mesmerizing production comes to North America. Originally staged by London’s Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre and helmed by the acclaimed director Timothy Sheader (Crazy for You, Into the Woods) and award-winning choreographer Drew McOnie (King Kong, Strictly Ballroom), this production won the 2017 Olivier Award for Best Musical Revival garnering unprecedented reviews and accolades. Appealing to both theater audiences and concert music fans, this production pays tribute to the historic 1971 Billboard Album of the Year while creating a modern, theatrical world that is uniquely fresh and inspiring.
Featuring award-winning music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Tim Rice, Jesus Christ Superstar is set against the backdrop of an extraordinary series of events during the final weeks in the life of Jesus Christ as seen through the eyes of Judas. Reflecting the rock roots that defined a generation, the legendary score includes "I Don’t Know How to Love Him," "Gethsemane," and "Superstar."
Adjusted Event Dates for Season Ticket Holders
Please refer to the schedule below for adjusted performance days and times.
- Tickets for Tuesday, Dec. 28, 2021, 7:30pm will be honored Tuesday, June 28, 2022, at 7:30pm
- Tickets for Wednesday, Dec. 29, 2021, 7:30pm will be honored Wednesday, June 29, 2022, at 7:30pm
- Tickets for Thursday, Dec. 30, 2021, 7:30pm will be honored Thursday, June 30, 2022, at 7:30pm
- Tickets for Friday, Dec. 31, 2021, 7:30pm will be honored Friday, July 1, 2022, at 7:30pm
- Tickets for Saturday, Jan. 1, 2022, 2pm will be honored Saturday, July 2, 2022, at 2pm
- Tickets for Saturday, Jan. 1, 2022, 8pm will be honored Saturday, July 2, 2022, at 8pm
- Tickets for Sunday, Jan. 2, 2022, 1pm will be honored Sunday, July 3, 2022, at 1pm
- Tickets for Sunday, Jan. 2, 2022, 6:30pm will be honored Sunday, July 3, 2022, at 6:30pm
Photos © Matthew Murphy