These Interactive Field Trips introduce 3rd-12th grade students to music and movement from Broadway musicals. Interactive Field Trips build students' speaking, listening, and critical thinking skills and are a fun and engaging experience for all ability levels.
Broadway Basics integrates Tennessee State Standards in Fine Arts with Tennessee State Standards in English Language Arts.
Tennessee Fine Arts State Standards
- D.P1.B Select, analyze, and interpret artistic work for presentation/performance/production.
- D.P2.A Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for performance.
- D.P3.A Express meaning through the performance of artistic work.
- D.R1.A Perceive and analyze artistic work.
Tennessee English Language Arts State Standards
- L.KL.3 Apply knowledge of language to understand how language functions in different contexts, to make effective choices for meaning or style, and to comprehend more fully when reading or listening.
- L.VAU.4 Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases by using context clues, analyzing meaningful word parts, and consulting general and specialized reference materials, as appropriate.
- RL.KID.2 Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas.
- SL.CC.1 Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with varied partners, building on others’ ideas, and expressing one’s own ideas clearly and persuasively.
- SL.CC.3 Evaluate a speaker’s point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric.