Learn about the invaluable work that goes on behind the scenes! Students in grades 7-12 get an inside look at backstage expertise with crew members or designers working on the Orpheum’s touring Broadway shows.
Backstage 101 registration includes:
- A workshop with a crew member of a nationally touring Broadway show
- A Q&A session with the crew member for an inside look at professional theatre
- A personalized keepsake Orpheum Theatre Group lanyard and nametag
- Pre-show dinner
- A ticket to the performance following the workshop
- A backstage tour (pending show restrictions)
Registration for this Backstage 101 workshop closes at noon on Thursday, Jan. 3.
Brought to life by a groundbreaking all-female creative team, this irresistible new hit features original music and lyrics by six-time GRAMMY® nominee Sara Bareilles ("Brave," "Love Song"), a book by acclaimed screenwriter Jessie Nelson (I Am Sam), choreography by Lorin Latarro (Les Dangereuse Liaisons, Waiting for Godot) and direction by Tony Award® winner Diane Paulus (Hair, Pippin, Finding Neverland).
Inspired by Adrienne Shelly's beloved film, Waitress tells the story of Jenna — a waitress and expert pie maker, Jenna dreams of a way out of her small town and loveless marriage. A baking contest in a nearby county and the town's new doctor may offer her a chance at a fresh start, while her fellow waitresses offer their own recipes for happiness. But Jenna must summon the strength and courage to rebuild her own life.